7 Handy Health Benefits of Cannabis Oil!
Cannabis oil is essentially a healthy, green liquid and also highly volatile. It is made up of monoterpenes, sesquiterpenes and several similar, highly ‘active’ organic compounds. The reason why it is healthy yet, not widely used is that it is derived from the marijuana plant, which is popularly called ‘pot’ and illegal in many parts of the world.
Cannabis oil, being a powerful mix of active organic compounds has extensive medical applications and just like most drugs, a very small amount of the oil, (usually a few drops) are sufficient to have an effect. It is sometimes used in small amounts in candles, soaps, and even perfumes.
Apart from all its uses, cannabis oil makes for a good daily supplement because of a multitude of health benefits that it offers. This includes:
1. Stress & General Anxiety: This is by far the most well-known use of the oil. Several natural compounds responsible for releasing pleasure hormones such as THC help reduce stress and brings on a calming sense of relaxation.
2. Insomnia: People battling sleep issues or persistent anxiety at night stand to benefit from the use of Cannabis oil as well. It relaxes the body and the mind and brings down the body to a low-energy level, clearing your head and lowering heart rate. This results in quiet, blissful sleep.
3. Increasing Appetite: Cannabis oil is known to help regulate appetite, thus inducing hunger. It also stimulates the digestive system and trains it to work at a more balanced level. This is particularly helpful for people who want a fast weight gain for any reason whatsoever.
4. Pain Relief: It is known to be a good pain reliever and performs well for people suffering from chronic pain or inflammation. It may also be used for people undergoing cancer treatment or in emergency situations, in cases of trauma.
5. Prevention and treatment of Cancer: Although not yet medically accepted worldwide, it is known that Cannabis oil’s active ingredients help fight tumors in cancer patients and even reduces their size. Its benefits for cancer patients are gradually being accepted and even recommended to patients.
6. The Heart: The Cannabis oil’s active components help balance out the negative oils in our body fluids and can help get rid of cholesterol, thus improving the overall health of the heart and the cardiovascular system.
7. Skin Health: Cannabis oil protects and also nourishes the skin. For this purpose, it may be consumed internally or applied externally to get desired results. It makes the skin soft to touch and may help with signs of aging, preventing eczema and psoriasis.
It is, however, extremely important to remember that even though it has a myriad of health benefits it is still a mix of highly potent organic compounds which deserve caution during usage, at the very least. It suffices to say here that one must very careful with the recommended doses for Cannabis oil as an overdose can result in adverse side effects.
The best course of action would be to take advice from a trained medical professional before you decide on the pattern of usage of Cannabis oil. In some countries, it may even be necessary to have a prescription before you can purchase cannabis oil and in some, it may be banned altogether. It is nevertheless, a potent health supplement and can yield substantial health benefits if used wisely.